Join us in forging a new model of community life where spiritual conversation and service to others go hand-in-hand. Each of our core community-building activities aims to foster inner transformation and create wider circles of inclusion. Together, neighbors cultivate a sense of collective ownership for the spiritual, social and economic well-being of their community.
Based on a recognition of the Oneness of the Human Family, this community-building process:
- Links personal growth with social transformation
- Rekindles the soulâ€™s connection to its Creator
- Fosters friendship and intimacy beyond barriers of race and class
- Weakens prejudice
- Inspires neighbors to think about each otherâ€™s needs and earnestly search for solutions to shared problems
One element of the process of community-building is the â€śstudy circleâ€ť â€“ an informal and collaborative study of course materials in an atmosphere that is at once serious and uplifting.
The first course in the series is:
Reflections on the Life of the Spirit
This course is largely concerned with the question of identity. What is the real identity of the â€śIâ€ť in the sentence â€śI walk a path of serviceâ€ť?Â Aspects of identity from a Bahaâ€™i perspective are explored:
- The reality of my existence is my soul which passes through this world to acquire the attributes it needs for an eternal and glorious journey towards God.
- My most cherished moments are those spent in communion with God, for prayer is the daily nourishment that my soul must receive if it is to accomplish its exalted purpose.
- How can I apply what I have learned to my own daily life and to the life of my community?
Reflections on the Life of the Spirit consists of the units â€śUnderstanding the BahĂˇâ€™Ă Writings,â€ť â€śPrayer,â€ť and â€śLife and Deathâ€ť.
FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEXT CLASS, OR TO REQUEST ONE WITH YOUR OWN GROUP OF FRIENDS OR FAMILY, PLEASE CALL 425-301-7600